Magic is as real as you dream it to be.

18 May 2010

The Last Cinnamon Stick

Jars of spices are loud when they clatter against each other. I do not wish to wake the other inhabitants of my home, but some feeling has prompted me to search among the Cayenne pepper, the salt, the pepper, and the bay leaves to see if any sticks of cinnamon are left in the cupboard.

Finally, from the very back of the cupboard, I pull a red-capped jar with only one stick left inside. To be honest, I don't know why I like cinnamon sticks. In every other case, my palate rejects spicy foods as un-tasty and unworthy of consumption.

Setting the cinnamon stick between my teeth, I pitch the plastic jar in the trash and begin to gnaw. Sometimes, a craving is easily satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, don't make me disable comments.